We are thrilled to be going back to school this year, having face to face instruction with your children! We wanted to address many questions we have been receiving about this new school year.
- Q: What is the registration window and how do I register my child?
A: The registration window is from July 13th- July 30th. You can do all registration steps online now, making this a simple process done right in your home. You should have received an email from the school district with a link taking you right to the new Infinite Campus Parent Portal. From this portal you will create a new login and password. Once logged in you will be able to start registration for ALL your students attending a school within the Nebo School District. For parents needing assistance, you may come in person to Apple Valley between July 27th-30th. If translation is needed please come in on July 29th. Si necesita traducción por favor venga el 29 de Julio.
- Q: How do I pay for our school donation?
A: After registering your child(ren), return to the main screen of the parent portal. On the left side there will be a FEE link. Please click that and add the donations to your cart. You can check out and pay right from home.
- Q: Will drinking fountains be available for students?
A: No, at this time drinking fountains will not be available for use. You may send a small spill-proof water bottle, for water only, that can be refilled at the school.
- Q: Will students wear masks all day long?
A: No. Students will be allowed to take masks off during lunch, outside recess, and P.E. All other areas, including entering and exiting the school building, will require that a mask be worn.
- Q: What will hand washing procedures look like?
A: All students will be required to wash upon entering the lunchroom and upon re-entering the classroom. Each classroom has a sink and soap station, as well as hand sanitizer, available for students to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Q: Will library, music, computers, P.E. etc still be held?
A: Yes. We are happy to say that students will still be able to enjoy specialty classes this year.
- Q: Do I need to send my child with anything for this school year?
A: A clean mask will be required each day. We suggest having 2 per child so that one may be washed while they wear their clean one to school. We also suggest sending a small spill-proof water bottle with your child to keep at their desk.
- We would like to inform you of Apple Valley's procedures that we will be incorporating as we return to school this year.
- Lunch will be held as normal with only minor adjustments. All tables will be marked with stickers so that students will be seated at a distance. Students will be required to wash hands before entering the lunchroom and re-entering classroomsStudents and employees will be required to wear masks at all times, with the exception of lunch, P.E. and outside recess.
- To avoid students gathering in the foyer and hallways, if possible, please avoid sending/dropping off students prior to 8:50 am. If your child needs to eat breakfast at school, the doors will be open for them at 8:30 am.
- Outside playgrounds will be sanitized at least once per day.
- Students will have seating arrangements, with desks, chairs and supplies being cleaned daily.
We appreciate your support and encouragement as we navigate this coming school year. We have missed your children and cannot wait to have them back in the classroom! For more information refer to the pictures posted above of Nebo School District re-opening FAQ's. If you feel we did not approach a question or concern of yours, please let us know. #AppleValley #SilverFox #WeHaveTheBestSchool #Nebo #NSD #BackToSchool #WeGotThis #studentsuccess #empowerstudents #engagestudents #focusonstudents #loveUTpublicschools #utpol #uted